View Single Post

Old 03-22-2011, 06:44 PM

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

A long time ago I was given a little reloading kit and before I really understood how to measure gunpowder, I loaded that .38 case about as full as it would go and still seat the bullet. I put those rounds in a little .36, went to the backyard and pulled the trigger. Man, did my ears ring. It may have bulged the cylinder a little, but I'm not even sure about that. It might have already been that way. That little gun and I spent a lot of time together and I used plenty of +P and +P+ in it, mostly because that was what the department provided.

At the range my first action was to draw the revolver and discharge the five loads I had been carrying, then go to practice ammo and finish the workout. Drawing and firing just as if I was in harm's way was sometimes a real eye-opener and very humbling. At the end of the session I'd fire another cylinder of duty loads, clean it and load it again before doing on duty.

That ensured I always had fresh ammunition in the wheel and I knew the point of aim. For what it's worth.....
The Following User Likes This Post: