View Single Post

Old 03-22-2011, 08:05 PM

Liked 1,766 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantskipthisstone View Post
hello, new to the form really enjoying all this information im sucking up. I'm really interested in purchasing a new 686 (i dont buy used) and I was reading all the information on websites about the interlock. I was just wondering if it is illegal to take out this interlock? also if I should wait for them to come out with a new model that does not have this interlock? After reading around I believe the interlock was in production since 2002, thats almost 10 years now, and still no change. Anyone know if it is coming soon? or just go with what they got now?

Thanks!
Is there any special reason why you don`t want to buy used ?
I have about 75% used and only 25% new in my arsenal and to be perfectly honest I cant tell any difference or even remember which is which half of the time.
Guns last for several lifetimes and at the rate most of them are not shot they have the potential to last indefinitely .

Regarding a 686 I would not think the lock would bother me and I`d buy one if it came my way. As to removing the lock , since the 686 would not be my main defense gun I`d leave it alone, but If I had totally rely on it That lock would be history.

Someone stated on another thread if you are involved in a justifiable shooting it wont matter what you did to the gun or it`s ammo.

I think the lock`s primary purpose is to prevent unauthorized persons being able to shoot the gun ,so if you keep it in a safe or other protected area what does it matter?