View Single Post

Old 03-23-2011, 02:58 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I understand very good points. Well this is what i figured...I'm sure it is a one in a couple thousand chance that it might lock up? I'm guessing on the number but I'm sure smith & wesson would test their products through a couple thousand rounds before selling to customers. But like many others I was curious about the chances of this happening, because the last thing I want to do is be hunting in bear country and having a black bear attack my *** and have the revolver lock up with me.

I've been thinking purchasing a 686 for awhile now and haven't been bothered about the internal lock until I saw this video...

YouTube - Smith & Wesson Performance Center 686 handgun locks up
(AND this is a Performance Center revolver)

I believe this is one of the first internal lock malfunctions to be caught on camera. My other question is.... The new s&w comes with a lifetime guarantee. Well if I was to remove the internal lock would it void the guarantee?

Quote:
Is there any special reason why you don`t want to buy used ?
My apologies, I should of said that I don't plan on buying used. I have a Glock 23, my first gun that I purchased was used. But I've always been a huge fan of the revolver and it being one of smith & wessons work horses I want to be the first and original owner of one. Just as older man love their 1950's chevy corvettes i want to love my revolver hahah

Last edited by cantskipthisstone; 03-23-2011 at 03:04 AM.