View Single Post

Old 03-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Liked 3,122 Times in 776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo38gn View Post
I'm sorry Carl... missed this one. Honestly, you are entitled to your opinion as I am. The fact is, anything can fail, including older non IL guns. There are plenty of parts that can and have failed, so to be honest,your way of thinking would have me carry no gun at all... since anything can go wrong at any time, with any gun, new or old. The fact is, it doesn't hold water in my book. I can look on this site and find even more failures related to non IL guns. Do you see where I am coming from. There just is not a track record of an IL problem. I watched that video this morning and felt it was total fabrication. A few examples have been pointed out in this thread and they were generalizations... so in my book, a failure can occur, but it is pretty darn remote, like I said before, your forged hammer has just as much chance of breaking... so bottom line, just cause a few here don't like change, don't push it on me or others here looking for answers to there fears based on reading more hearsay than fact... have a sparkling day
Not to put my dog into the pit but...I think you misunderstand Carl's post. Know for a fact (thank's again Brother ) that he yanks the locks and plugs the holes and they then go BANG everytime. As do I (but for me there is also a visual issue of not liking to see the hole, not that I worry about the internals per se). At least that was how I read it, not as fearmongering over MIM/IL.

Party on.