View Single Post

Old 03-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Liked 986 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantskipthisstone View Post
Some interesting points when it comes to the video, but I'm not so sure. Maybe I'm just naive but this guy seems pretty pissed about that happening to his revolver lol. He's got a couple videos talking about it, and two more about a gunsmith describing the situtation, plus I believe he made a blog on this situation I can't seem to imagine why he would go through all this if it wasn't the lock up. Here I posted some more of the videos by this man.

1) YouTube - Why I'm Selling My New Smith & Wesson 686 for an Old Smith & Wesson 686
2) YouTube - Smith & Wesson Performance Center 686 handgun locks up pt. 2
3) YouTube - Smith & Wesson Performance Center 686 Internal Lock Failure Demo
4) YouTube - Smith & Wesson Performance Center 686 Internal Lock Failure Demo Pt. 2

The thing that I would be most worried about if this happened to me at a shooting range and it fully cocked back and locked up on a live round.
Yaaa, I saw those at the same time... not buying it all, the guy has 250 videos up. It's like watching Ghost Hunters on tv... trying to create a story, trying to turn fiction into fact. The whole scene of the initial lockup appeared absolutely staged. It was so staged the way he acted like he was pulling the trigger and it wasn't moving, problem is his finger wasn't pulling and he wasn't showing anything that would have demonstrated that it was locked up, then quickly the video is over. Come on, the video consists of only shooting his hand and the gun shooting 6 shots, when all the shots were spent, he suddenly and immediately pronounces the trigger is locked, he just fired 6 shots the gun was empty, why the 7th shot... oh ya, had to make the "it's locked up " statement.. I'm not saying that the lock has not malfunctioned, just saying that was a show..