View Single Post

Old 03-23-2011, 07:20 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Mod worked S&W still doesn't have a good fix

I just bought my gun this week (SN EAKxxxxx)it had bad laser switches......I did a web search and found this fix. I installed the mod using a ink pen tube. Its a really small part only a 2mm is plenty. It took me an hour or two to get it right. It works like it should NOW. I must say....with the plastic tube installed the button doesn't have the spring it was designed to have....but it does give the nib the ridgidity it needs.

I did E-mail S&W about the problem and mentioned the mod. They recommended I call and get new buttons. So they are sending me new buttons. Of course they will be the same buttons with the bad design.

Hear is a thought I had though.......what if you took the buttons and painted them with a rubber coating like they make for rubber coating tool handles. Might even be able to turn the button insideout and dip the center nib in the coating. I didn't try to turn the button inside out...might be able to try when I get the new ones. You would have to make sure you got the nip centered before coating. I did notice if you roll the button in your hand you can get the nib centered but it is still too weak. A coating of rubber might make it a little thicker a little longer(you wouldn't want it too much longer) and more rigid.

Thanks to all for posting the mod info.....still think S&W owes us a real solution. An improved rubber button....not just trying the same old flawed design.

I will give S&W credit for quick response to my email (next day) and them sending parts with little hassle to me.

I have a question in to Beretta's customer service for about three weeks....and no answer yet.