View Single Post

Old 03-23-2011, 08:23 PM

Liked 15,514 Times in 6,800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
Thank you all for the information and the picture blujax on the info that I do need to crimp them. I will just spend the extra money and get the 4 die set then.

As for "do much reading", I agree. I want to be as safe as possible doing this, so alot of reading it is and alot of taking notes as I do it as well

Mtime7 - This is the press that my buddy suggested to me Lee Press

Is there a difference between that one and this one Lee Classic that you suggested?
Yes. The Lee Classic is cast iron and the other is aluminum. They work the same and the aluminum probably works just fine.

The classic is a little heavier duty and probably a better press.

It does not come as a "kit" as the other one does. In the kit you get a Lee Scale which is accurate but a real pain to use. I suggest a better scale. RCBS or the Dillon beam balance. It is the most important tool in reloading. The Lee Pro Auto disc is also better. So piece it together for a few more bucks and you will be happier.

I also suggest if you are buying a set up, look at at Natchez as their prices are usually lower than Midway.

I use the Classic Press and very happy with it.

Lee Classic 4 Hole Turret Press - MidwayUSA

Lee Classic Turret Press - Natchez Shooters Supplies

The Natchez web site is a bit tough to navigate. Look up what you want on Midway, get the manufacture number in this case 90064, go to Natchez and type in Lee before any Lee product number(Lee90064) in the search and bingo.

Here is a very good review of the press:

http://www.realguns.com/archives/122.htm

Last edited by Rule3; 03-23-2011 at 08:28 PM.