View Single Post

Old 03-24-2011, 09:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelCD View Post
I'm sure every factory .357 Magnum has a crimp and anyone who knows what they are doing will crimp reloads. I have a feeling they were all crimped, you just didn't recognize what you were seeing.
Yep, I am far from one who knows everything.. I assumed, whoops there is that mother of all f-up words that a crimp would somewhat smash the casing to the bullet and leave ridges around..Kinda like the "fall asleep grooves" on a freeway...

Here is a pic of her gun(****** cell pic) and 2 pics of the golden sabers that I have for her gun(like you guys haven't seen them before). but since i didn't see any marks, i didn't think they was crimped..But when i look at Blujax's pics above that are all crimped, they look the same....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc85 View Post
if you cant afford anything else don't be afraid (its the only one I have atm and it WORKS just fine. )
If you go turret 4 hole and are planning on reloading different calibers pick up a spare 4 hole turret for each set of dies. Ready to change calibers? pop out the whole turret dies and all and put in the new caliber. ready to go with no adjusting. cheers.
jc
Thank you and everyone for this information. You guys can sure blow a newbie brain up

I was planning to purchase another turret due to my 9mm and then for my future .223,etc.

I think my buddy just advised me to go with that press, as it gave more to get started out somewhat cheap...But cheaper is not always better...

So looks like the classic 4 press and then the 4 die set is in my shopping cart....

Thanks again everyone