View Single Post

Old 03-24-2011, 10:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDL View Post
Welcome to the forum.

The Sigma sights are made to cover the bull, not lollipop like most of us were taught. That can obviously lead to low shots.

As far as shooting left, that's somewhat of a normal comment about the Sigmas. Mostly it's a matter of dealing with the long/hard trigger.
And then the final factor is the bullets you're shooting. My 40 shoots lower with lighter rounds.
PDL,
Thanks for the Welcome. You are right, I am not covering the Bull...but doing it the Old Way. I'll change this practice and see if it helps my accuracy.

As far as rounds go, I was using the 180 grain American Eagle. When I went to our Metro Ammo/Reloader Seller, he said when they were training the Police Dept's, they had problems with 180 GR consistancy and when they use the 165 GR, the Consistancy was more reliable and accurate.

So this is the type of ammo I am using now while I am getting used to this gun and getting it sighted in.

I will take your advice forward and cover the Bull and see how this works out... hopefully I did not grind off too much of the front sight!

Thanks for the advice!