View Single Post

Old 03-26-2011, 08:23 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up BG380 Laser Fix

Aww, this is just plain ingenious, not to mention a tad scary! Who on earth knows the inside and outside diameter of a q-tip?
I got my BG today - haven't even shot it yet - still in the "early fondling stage" - and I knew this was a show-stopper. Started googling as soon as I got home, and with a little effort, found a few teasers that led me here, and immediately joined, of course.
Read the entire thread, reviewed the pics, followed the instructions, and Voila! It worked, right down to the advice about sizing the sections of tube - first attempt!
The bad news I am here to report, having read this and most of the other threads I could find on this topic, is that this problem has not been addressed by S&W as of S/N EAK73**. It is utterly amazing that this issue has not hurt the sales of this gun one iota. I was on the waiting list at two different stores (paid-in-full at one) for a month and a half before I got the call.
Anyway - THANK YOU - if I hadn't seen and attempted this fix, I would probably never even have taken it to the range, but straight back to the store. Out to the range tomorrow morning!
Merci,
HobyWan