View Single Post

Old 03-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

I'm glad the fellow wasn't hurt worse, and glad he fessed up to the event, but if I'd been that sloppy, I don't think I would have told anyone. Like perpster, when I carry a Glock, I always place a finger behind the trigger while holstering. I also make sure there are no bits of clothing loose to catch the trigger, and only carry in good holsters. This was a case of negligence, pure and simple, as have been pretty much all the Glock "accidental" discharges about which we've heard.

I have a difficult time figuring out just how that deep dent got in the holster, although I guess the seat belt could have done it over time. I've occasionally used Sparks' version of that holster (the original one) which is a much higher quality rig, and I don't think it would even be possible to kink it that way without doing so intentionally.

For those who carry Condition 3 to avoid such things, let me suggest that if you are that afraid of the design, you might want to change to a 1911-type or a revolver, or spend anough trigger time at the range to get comfortable with your gun. It ain't gonna pop on its own, and any degree of reasonable care will prevent such NDs.