View Single Post

Old 03-30-2011, 08:26 PM

Liked 15,512 Times in 6,798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
How would this have happened with an XD or XDm which has a grip safety? I think that it would have needed another factor to depress the grip in addition to the holster trigger protrusion.
I have several XD's and perhaps mistakenly included it in the list. It actually might have happened with a XD if the "dischargie" had to push hard on the gun thereby pushing on the grip safety. I holster a XD and use mywhole hand, not just my thumb and forefinger to place it in the holster. It is hard not to engage the grip safety, but granted it would be a little more difficult. There also is not enough information as to if the trigger is stock.

I will retract my XD example and change it to a SW MP or Sigma, Kahr then, or some other such striker fire gun without another form of mechanical safety.
If I had the guys holster I could probably make a SW MP do the same thing.
I still maintain it is not the fault of the gun, which ever brand you want to pick.

Based on the post of some guy with a bent holster who posted some pictures on the internet all the thousands of Glocks in service must be immediately be recalled.