View Single Post

Old 04-01-2011, 05:34 AM

Liked 56 Times in 44 Posts
Smile

Jaybird:

I've got the Apex kits in three M&P's here.... The overall result is a trigger quite similar in feel to my ancient S&W revolvers in SA mode (a Model 10 and a Model 15, both circa 1968).

The M&P may shoot in (expect it to be a little ragged) to almost this point eventually, but if you can do the work yourself, it's a quick DIY fix that really does the job, IMHO....

DO read up on the "dead trigger" issue, though - it seems that the DCAEK kit will increase your chances of having the problem, although (just IMHO again), you probably will have it eventually anyway. Tolerance issues, I think.... My 40C failed immediately after adding the kit. The other two - a 9C and 40FS haven't yet been modified - they've been fine.

Apex has a fix for the dead trigger should you need it - you can send them just the sear block and they'll update it. SOME M&P's made after October 2010 already have the upgraded sear block, but the DCAEK kit still includes a new spring for them.

(The sear itself, and the drop safety plunger in the slide, are the real keys, along with a couple springs that improve things in general. The drop safety plunger is just plain wrong as you receive the gun, although it will work in a bit. Apex changes some of the sear configuration to improve that, too. You can find Apex's videos around, with some details, and there's an article around someplace by Dan Burwell, who does the same sort of thing as custom smithing. VERY good choice, but expensive, and he's awful busy.)

Enjoy!