View Single Post

Old 04-02-2011, 09:25 AM

Liked 351 Times in 243 Posts

Right, Trail Boss is for the cowboy shooters. They are more into it for the thrill of being someone else or reliving their youths as they are for the shooting. Otherwise they would have found a safer course of fire than using metal targets at extremely close ranges.

In the old days if you wanted a mouse flatulance load with higher pressure the answer would have been, "use a filler". But since that is too much trouble for most cowboy reloaders they created a market that didn't exist before. They need to either get rid of the metal targets or get rid of the lead bullets before someone loses an eye.

I joined the SASS a long time ago, so long in fact that there were no matches even within reason of driving to. After several years I left, still never shooting in a match, but it was because I got sick of the whining and bellyaching and the fact that it wasn't all that much about shooting but rather the fact that some children never can grow up. I hope it's changed from then.

I dug out my bottle of Trail Boss but it doesn't have a price sticker on it. I do remember looking at it after I bought it and doing the math on the cost/lb and thought how stupid I was for not looking at it before I bought it. I fell for the advertising about how great it was and couldn't wait to try it, what can I say? Other than I'll never waste a dime on it again.

Edited to add: I've been working on a project where I'm shooting a 45 gr. roundball at a measly 345 fps. Believe me, I won't be shooting it at anything that has any chance of bouncing it back at me.

Last edited by Jellybean; 04-02-2011 at 02:56 PM.