View Single Post

Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 AM

Liked 986 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwintr View Post
Can you be a bit more specific about bending the trigger bar tab? I am looking at it and wondering how what you are bending works for the Dead trigger. The trigger bar tab doesn't touch the the sear until you are back at least half way through the travel, but the Dead trigger would be happening when the trigger is fully pressed I am guessing, so would you be bending the tab down away from the sear or up? Or left to get it under the sear more??. Thanks
PS
My M&P 9 got this dead trigger problem a few times after installing the Apex hard also, but not before. Apex tells me it happens to the stock seared pistols too, but I have my doubts about that. I have alos had my pistol double fire since installing the Apex hard sear....I think they machined too much off the top of this sear and should have left a little more contact area for the striker to catch against the sear.
Thanks Stu for the info.

as for bending the trigger loop, when I installed my Apex sear, it appeared some material is removed around where the loop makes contact to the new sear. It appeared in my case, by the time the loop made contact with the sear and before it could fire, the trigger hit the frame. So I bent the loop just a tad closer to the sear to make contact a little sooner and everything has been perfect since. About 2,000 rounds.

hope that helps,