View Single Post

Old 04-03-2011, 06:37 PM

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

I am a little late to this conversation, but here's my 2 cents

My father was an SA for the FBI in South FL. He knew Ben "The Grinch" Grogan personally. I have the bookmark my father kept from attending his funeral. Unfortunately my father died at 52, so he isn't here to add to things but can only pass along the things he told me. G-man, if you knew W. James Franklin, I would love to hear from you. My father was a Firearms Instructor, Street Survival, and Defensive Tactics Instructor as well.

Grogan's glasses were knocked off in the collision of the vehicle. They were planning on performing continued surveillance and not engaging, however they felt they were going to commit another crime and intervened. They were outgunned. Period. My father already carried an arsenal, but increased it following this incident. My father, who loved his S&W 1076, carried in a fanny pack but tucked in the pocket to his left side of the drivers door along with several additional magazines. In the pocket behind his seat he kept a HK MP5 9mm, later replaced by 10mm full auto, and a shotgun loaded and kept in a hidden, recessed area of the roof of his vehicle. In addition, he had an extra vest on the back seat and personally supplied an AR15 which he kept in the trunk. There was a case of ammo for each the 10mm, .223, and the 12 gauge.

I take umbrage with Jellybean about the 1076. I have all the testing data of the different rounds performed by the FBI, my father's personal Performance Center FBI 1076, and know that it was his favorite semi-auto handgun he had ever fired. The .40 may be more practical and easier for some to shoot, but for those with the ability it was a fine firearm and still is today.