View Single Post

Old 04-06-2011, 12:10 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,195 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default 610 charge hole size

Hey everyone-I recently purchased a 610-2, 6 1/2 inch revolver, and I have been seeing some dificulty getting the cases to eject after firing. I am using a 10mm load of either 170 gr or 185 gr LSWC's that are hard cast, and that measure 401. Initially, I thought I had used too hot a charge, and believe that was the case. Since then, I have reduced the load, most recently to 6.5gr of Unique, and while there is a definite improvement, they are still stuck and require some tapping with a leather mallot to remove. It ocurred to me that the cylinder charge holes may be designed for the typical "auto" round, something wearing a jacket, and might be a little tight for us lead heads. I put one of the 170 gr slugs in from the loading side, and it will not drop through. I atempted the put the round in the firing side of the cylinder, and it will not enter. I have used my micrometer-but accuracy that way isn't the best-and everything I got was .40 or less. Do you think these charge holes are too tight for lead? I do have some factory .40 S&W FMJ's that I could try (I just realized)-the .40's in lead that I have loaded for my Browning Hi-Power have been hard to remove as well, but not as hard as the 10mm's, given their shorter length. It's a beautiful gun, accurate as well, I just need to figure out what to feed it. If anyone has a load suggestion, I would also appreciate that. Thanks, Flapjack