View Single Post

Old 04-07-2011, 02:40 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,699 Times in 2,623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyeboteb View Post
Indeed, thank you DCWilson for taking the time and trouble to show these.

Was there any difference in this part of the Mechanism, from the 1899 to the 1902 first change, as seen in your next-to-last image?

While I knew of the presence of the second, smaller leaf Spring on the 1899 and 1902 Models, I have never removed the Side Plate to look and see the details.

Seems quite elegent all in all.

What are the plugs or Rivets seen in the Hammer body of the Lady Smith, and, of the 1902 1st change 'M&P'?

I have never had the opportunity to look inside an 1899, but I would imagine the mechanics of the trigger return are the same as in the 1902. Someone please correct me if that's not right.

For the life of me I can't recall the name of those inserts in the hammer body, but they function as spacers. Somebody talked about them on the forum within the last week kor 10 days, so my memory is collapsing even faster than I feared. The inserts stand proud of he hammer by .001" or so on either side, and they contact the frame and sideplate interiors to keep the sides of the hammer from contacting immobile parts and becoming marred.