View Single Post

Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Default What about a Para 16-40?

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes. I have a M&P 9 and 40 cal I have been shooting for a couple of years. Thousands of round in each. Apex stuff installed. However I am not crazy about the accuracy. I don't want to go into all the "did you try this or that" That is not the point of this thread. I want a 1911 in a 40 cal. I am looking at the Para 16-40 because its 40 cal and its not a single stack. However what bothers me is a lot of people who have them seem to have to have the exact load for the gun to make it reliable. That bothers me. Also there is some issue with extractor? I would buy a S&W 1911 if they made one but they don't. So my options are limited. Why not a 45? Well I am all setup reloading wise for the other calibers. I don't shoot ipsic but I am involved in a practical defense league where accuracy and time are rewarded. Anyhow I would like to hear from some owners of the Para and any other suggestions. An STI is out of my reach, unless you have one and feel sorry for me and are willing to sell it to me dirt cheap. Will look for your response. Thanks.