View Single Post

Old 04-07-2011, 12:37 PM

Liked 5,205 Times in 2,173 Posts

Well, when you move into the 2011 widebody Limited guns you pretty much give up using whatever ammunition that is cheapest that week, anyway. The STIs are typically loaded long to match their throats, which changes the powder required to make power. The Paraords are not so deep throated, but the ammunition still needs to match the gun.

I haven't seen many mechanical problems with the Paraord two-piece extractor (it is a pain to clean) but if you do have breakage, standard parts don't fit and you may have to wait on parts. Any gun can break when shot enough. The 16-40 users often upgrade some of the action parts for competition. If you expect a 2011 type gun to be as simple and trouble-free as an M&P, well.......they aren't.

The M&P typically gives stock reliability and simplicity not matched by the specialty 1911/2011 competition guns. It is very forgiving on ammo.

As a CRO who sees a lot of USPSA shooters, I am frankly suspicious that you expect buying a 2011 will help your accuracy, as the M&P is typically plenty accurate. The 2011 with custom single-stage trigger and higher capacity can improve speed, but not usually accuracy all that much--as far as the gun is concerned.

Suggest you find a way to borrow or rent gun(s) and see how you do.
I'm classifed in all 6 USPSA divisons, but when you look at my scores, I'm clearly a better Production shooter (with my M&P Pro) than I do in the other divisons (with the appropriate guns).