View Single Post

Old 04-07-2011, 05:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I purchased a .380BG this month. Got it home and the laser would not activate. tried new batteries with no luck. Called the store, and the manager said he would issue a new pistol. Not only did he do that, but he also paid for two boxes of ammo I was going to buy. I like that kind of service! When I took the pistol to the range, the laser would activate, but only by pushing on the buttons fairly hard. I found the trigger pull to be very hard. I know this is a DAO gun, but the pull was still unusually long. I sent S&W email and they said there was no fix for the trigger pull, that it was set at the factory to 10-12 pounds. Feels more like 15 pounds. They are going to send me what they described as better laser activation buttons. As far as accuracy, I was able to shoot 2" groups at 7 yards using the laser from a sandbag rest. My neighbor was able to shoot 1 1/2" groups from a free standing position. So, it is very accurate for a pocket gun. I just don't know if I can put up with the trigger pull. I may trade for a Ruger LCP .380 with a grip activated laser. Trigger pull is acceptable. Nice little pistol. Maybe the hard trigger pull will improve on the BG the more I shoot it.