View Single Post

Old 04-09-2011, 12:21 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
I have to say that I find some of the posts here pretty hilarious. An M&PC 9mm is anything BUT compact. A Bodyguard .380 is so much smaller it's not even a comparison. It's like saying, "Yeah I didn't like the Ruger LCP, so I got an assault rifle instead, and the trigger is much nicer."

OK? So?

It seems to me a lot of people here don't really understand the point of the Bodyguard .380. Is the trigger "easy" to pull? No. But so what? Do any of you think you're going to actually notice this in a SHTF situation? Of course not! I find the BG.380 a very competent weapon, and does not require a constant safety because of the trigger pul. I like knowing that I don't have to fumble with a safety in the event of an emergency where fine motor skills go out the window. Do I LOVE firing it like I do my 686 or M&P9? No of course not! No small-frame gun with a long trigger is that much fun to fire hundreds of rounds from. However, get good with it, put it in your pocket and forget about it. Practice with it some, and it could save your life one day.

An M&P9C is just way too big to be a pocket gun like the BG.380 is. Is the M&P9C a good choice for a CC gun? Absolutely! But it requires very different carrying procedures than the BG.380.
Point taken.