View Single Post

Old 04-09-2011, 12:51 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,270 Times in 654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshoff View Post

In Missouri, it is perfectly lawful for a person WITHOUT a valid CCW permit to carry concealed firearms on or about his or her person, as long as he or she is, A)lawfully entitled to possess such weapons, and B) also in possession of an exposed firearm or projectile weapon for the lawful pursuit of game. People who possess a valid CCW permit may carry concealed firearms on or about their person anywhere within the state, whether they are hunting or not, save for areas where such carry is prohibited by Federal Law.

Just this year, we amended our wildlife code to allow CCW permit holders to carry their concealed firearms while they are taking part in our Fall Archery Deer and Turkey season, bringing our wildlife code into conformation with our state firearms statutes. Specifically, the new portion of our code now reads:
I think that's pretty much what I said. The firearms instructor told me that after Missouri started issuing CCW permits, it became legal to have a legally possessed loaded firearm anywhere in your vehicle or on your person without the permit. I'm not sure but I think that applies to people 21 years of age and older, like me...60. Open carry is legal in Missouri, but is subject to local ordinances.
Peace,
gordon