View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 09:25 AM

Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awake33 View Post
I would definitely care about harmonics under the right circumstances. I just don't think that during rapid fire, in any gun, that it matters enough to warrant consideration. The movement of the gun caused by recoil has a 1000 times more impact on accuracy than vibration. Like the other poster said, for squeezing out every 1000th of an in, you bet! But how you going to do that during rapid fire?

Either way though, I agree with you. . I want one too! But that probably won't happen any time soon lol.

And I'd have to agree with BeltFed, he most certainly know more than I. 30 foot barrels!

I am totally in agreeance I didn't see the rapid fire in the original post and as soon as I seen that this wasn't out of bags all arguements from me r off. Heck my groups vary that much between mags.. there are many more on here that know way more than me all I was stating was Hatchers findings that a certain mass at a certain point of the barrel reducess vibrations and will tighten groups up.. With that said no bags no test period.. I really got in to those books a few years back and read a bunch of therories and thoughts but Hatcher really puts his money where his mouth is so to speak. And the only reason I was reading was purely selfish, I was getting beat in matches and I wanted to know why.. when I knew my gun was built to tighter specs.. but it was all in tuning