View Single Post

Old 04-11-2011, 12:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
I have some Buffalo Bore around the house and find their ammo lives up to its velocity claims, so I would think that 100-grain hardcast should do 1050 fps from your Bodyguard. Just for kicks, look at the velocities that the 9x19 115-grainers develop out of the new Kimber pocket pistol. You're looking at 1020 to 1050 fps. The Kimber pistol is a lot meatier and is designed for that kind of recoil impulse. The Bodyguard? My similar LCP?

I would look at what the Bodyguard was designed to shoot, and think, "Wow - that Buffalo Bore is neat, but it doesn't need to go in my gun." And that's what I've done vis-á-vis my LCP, especially since (as I've noted on many threads here and elsewhere) I've never worked on a shooting case in which regular .380 ball failed to properly penetrate (and the BB cast round is designed to maximize only penetration - which just doesn't seem to be an issue with standard .380 ball rounds).
So Erich,do you think that the BB should not be fired in the BG.380 because of possible over-penetration,or because of structural integrity of the weapon,,I have my mag stacked with CorBon High velocity JHP's(which has around the same numbers as the BB)... /BB/CorBon/BB,,etc with a Flat nose BB in the pipe,,am I doin something wrong,,what loads should I use as a SD round??,the reason I am asking is there is so many people inputting,, "yes-no-yes-no,,with no one statistical edge over the other,,,thanx for any input...