View Single Post

Old 04-12-2011, 02:21 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,380 Times in 1,736 Posts

Thank you all, you really made my day. I had no idea that the 4"
bbld m24's were that rare. Took quite sometime to remove all the leading in the bbl and cylinders. But yet another problem has reared its ugly head. I'm suspecting that the crane may be bent. At first the shiney spot on the breech end of the bbl might have been leading. Nope its where the cylinder is rubbing on the end of the bbl. If one were to look at the space between
the cylinder and barrel there is a slight gap on the left hand side. But no gap on the right hand side. When cleaning the cylinder face it had tiny bits of lead sticking to it. Evidently when fired since the chamber axis was off the bullet was hitting maybe the side of the forcing cone causing some leading. And since this is a fairly rare revolver I would like to have it fixed by someone who knows what they are doing. So any help along these lines is greatly appreciated. By the way that same dealer had police revolvers from chicago, detroit, and I saw a few model 65's in nickle from the Baton Rouge police department. By then it was too late to even look at them as my wife was watching me very closely. The rear sight elevation and windage screws would not move, so I gave them a bath in kroil and this morning they freed up very nicely. And yes I do reload and have a set of 44 special dies waiting on cases and large lead/alloy bullets. Thanks again,Frank

Last edited by Frank46; 04-12-2011 at 02:29 AM.