View Single Post

Old 04-13-2011, 08:34 AM

Liked 17,159 Times in 2,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent-Twig View Post
I posted this one a while back in the 1981 and newer section and did'nt get too much response on it. Made me think that there was no love for the 44 special. Looks like I should have posted over in this section. Might be the longer barrel that keeps folks from liking it , but it is minty and sure looks unfired. A local gunshow find. Should I keep it and shoot it or should it be sold to a collector? Never had a 44 special before , do they shoot well?

Twig.
Of course we are going to say shoot it. The real nice touch was making the 1983 guns with 6 1/2" rather than 6" barrels to keep things original. Just because all the 4"ers are popping up here does not take away from the longer one. It is an elegant mellow gun to shoot. They are all real pleasant unless you hotrod them which I don't. My 4" gun has the sideplate screws moved around in this picture which meant my brother peeked in there before I bought it back from him.

This is a 1982 or 83 Colt .44 Special with a nickel cylinder numbered to the gun. Colt didn't want to waste those 483 nickel cylinders laying around so they did this...

Last edited by Wyatt Burp; 05-08-2017 at 10:16 AM.