View Single Post

Old 04-14-2011, 04:27 PM

Liked 4,429 Times in 1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyMac View Post
I know it's not what you asked, but maybe an L Frame would be a good compromise. With the same grip frame as the K, it would probably be more comfortable for most people (including myself) than the N Frame, while providing a stronger platform.
Chris
This.

If you are buying it to shoot magnums, naturally the N frames will be your most durable models. The L frames were designed to overcome some problems that may or may not occur from feeding a K frame a steady diet of magnums. The L frame cylinder is just about the same as the Colt Python which is more robust than a K frame (frame structure- wise) and the speedloaders for the six-shooters fit either the L frame or the Colt.

As far as grip size, the L frames utilize K frame grip dimensions and the N's are slightly larger. I am one of the few who apparently doesn't mind shooting magnums through my N frames with the standard checkered target grips. The 41's and 44's are another story, but I don't have large hands and the factory grips have always worked for me with the three five sevens.