View Single Post

Old 04-20-2011, 03:11 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Wood grips: Jordon Trooper or Nill grips for Model 29 recoil management

Hello,

This is my first post on the S&W Forum.

I recently bought a Model 29-10, which is the new "classics" line, with the 6.5 inch barrel, blue finish, wood grips.

I just put my second box of standard full power loads through it, Federal 240 gr. It was great fun, but significantly more recoil than my Model 586, and after 50 rounds became a little fatiguing on the hand. I expect to shoot standard 240 gr loads, and like to shoot double and single action.

I am looking for some different grips to reduce the felt recoil, make it more comfortable to shoot.

After doing a little reading, I am looking primarily at these two:

1. Herrett's Jordon Trooper. From what I have read, it is a large grip which disapates the recoil well, but may be too large for average size hands (which I have).

2. Nill Grips, the wood replacement grip with the closed back that covers the backstrap, finger groves, smooth finish.

If anybody has had any experience with either or both of these, I would love to hear about your opinions and comparisons.

Also - how would these compare to the Pachmayr Decellerator for comfort? I would like to get wood grips if they are close, but if the Pachmayr is far and away better, I might be swayed to go that direction.

Thank you for your input and help on this.

-Best Regards