View Single Post

Old 04-22-2011, 01:01 PM

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

That settles it. I'm on the hunt for a Model 28. I'll research the 4" vs. 6" question.

Oh, did I mention that I live in the great state of California? The State maintains a list of "approved" handguns that have been submitted by (only) the mfr for certain tests. Only the newer handguns end up on this list. That's why new S&W revolvers have the locking key. If a handgun is not on the approved list, a FFL cannot sell it to a California resident unless he (the resident) is an LEO.

What this means is that I have to search for a PPT in my driving radius. The seller and I have to agree on a FFL to handle the tansfer. Usually, the seller wants to use a dealer close to him, so I end up driving. I drove 60 miles each way (twice) to pick up my Model 36. My usual search radius is 100 miles.

With the recent election of Jerry Brown as Governor and Kamala Harris, the ex-DA for San Francisco, as Atty General, firearms laws in California will only get worse. Every year in the Legislature, some member will come up with a new, hair-brained idea to limit gun ownership. I'm afraid that, if I don't find the pistol this year, I might not be able to buy one next year.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now and go back to trolling GunBroker, AuctionArms and CalGuns.net