View Single Post

Old 04-23-2011, 07:54 AM

Liked 13,323 Times in 3,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggaffney View Post
That settles it. I'm on the hunt for a Model 28. I'll research the 4" vs. 6" question.
A couple of months ago, I purchased a 28-2 with a 4" barrel and target stocks. I probably paid a premium for it, but it's in near perfect condition, with the box and papers. Not unfired, but very good.

Last week I found another one, this one with a couple of scratches, six inch barrel, and Magna stocks. Sorry, no pictures at this time, it's still on layaway. It's a nice looking gun, and mechanically tight as a tick. No box or papers. It had a considerable lower price, but I'm sure the prices I pay here in Virginia will be of no help in California.

If I was going to pick one barrel length, I'd take the four inch. They just look "right" to me. The longer barrel gun always look muzzle heavy. They're not really, they just look it.

I don't shoot many magnum rounds. Actually none. Arthritus in my hands and wrists, so I limit my ammo choices pretty much to wadcutters and 158 gr LRN ammo these days. With any of the N frame guns, recoil doesn't seem to much more than with a 22.

Good luck with your search.
John 3:16 .

Last edited by CajunBass; 04-23-2011 at 07:58 AM.