View Single Post

Old 04-23-2011, 12:20 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, let's go by stages here...
a) I never said that the gun was in US... the guns is still in Mexico; I'm down here for vacation, I happen to have family here, and an old neighbor have it to me as a payment... I haven't looked into taking it to US... that's why part of my research here. I'm heading back home to US on the 29th of April.
b) Yes, you can buy guns in Mexico legally, as long as you are legally in Mexico (as a citizen, in my case I have both citizenships). The Mexican Constitution allows you to own certain guns but you either need to buy them from the Defense Secretariat Store or from a private owner. The law allows you to own any revolver up to .38SPL (excluding .38 Commando and .357Magnum). The law also allows you to own a semi-automatic pistol up to .380ACP (excluding 9mm Parabellum, .38 Super and .357 SIG). The handgun can only be registered for home defense, cannot be carried and cannot be on an address different than the one it was registered at.
Citizens cannot own any long guns unless you are a farmer, a rancher or belong to a registered Hunting club. Shotguns cannot exceed 12ga, cannot be shorter than 25", rifles cannot be over 30-30, and nothing can be automatic.
To buy or register a gun, you need to present the weapon in person to the Defense Secretariat, with $5.00USD fee, your ID and proof of Residence. That's it. Oh! You cannot have Hollow points at all... big trouble otherwise!!!
There's a lot of misinformation regarding weapons and law in Mexico.

Going back to my baby... I lloked on the yoke, there's nothing... just the 34X94 stamping, as well as the model and a "G13".

Have you guys looked at the pictures? What do you think? Can I use +P's? And, can I bring it safely to USA so I can register it there? Is there any other place I can find the Serial Number on the weapon folks?

Thanks!