View Single Post

Old 04-23-2011, 11:36 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovative View Post
I heard that S&W makes a competition version of the M&P that has a slick trigger. Has anyone tried it?
I believe you are referring to the M&P Pro Series. I have the M&P .40 Pro and the trigger is quite different from the regular M&P. On the Pro, the trigger is lighter and smoother. I believe it actually travels a bit further though. Has anyone else notice this?

The regular M&P trigger has a moderate pull (5 lbs) until just prior to the break point and then you feel a bit of a catch. The trigger finger has to work a little harder to get the shot to actually break at that point.

The Pro trigger has a very light pull until about a 1/2 of the way and then the pull increased slightly (3 lbs) until just at shot break, where you can tell it is going to go. The last pull at that point is still quite light in comparison to the regular M&P. Since I have only shot about 100 rounds with this gun, I don't know how more it will smooth out. I like the lighter trigger because I get a bit of an achy wrist shooting many rounds with a heavy trigger. (Not because I'm getting old! LOL)

I definitely prefer the Pro trigger over the regular M&P. If it smooths out more with usage, so much the better.

Last edited by Murraybob; 04-23-2011 at 11:38 PM.