View Single Post

Old 04-24-2011, 05:37 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just purchased this gun (BG380) two weeks ago. My only complaint was that the buttons to activate the laser were extremely hard to use. I had to push the buttons multiple times before the laser would activate. The gunsmith at the store I bought the gun from said there was no fix for this and that it was an inherent problem with this pistol; however, I contacted S&W customer support who sent me new buttons within three days, which were firmer. Now the laser activates easily and I could not be happier with this gun. I tested similar guns in this class, such as the Ruger LCP, and I preferred the looks, feel, price and the performance of the Bodyguard 380. I highly recommend this gun for concealed carry. IMHO, this is the best looking gun in its class, and has a great price (S&W recently lowered the MSRP as of April 2011) to $399

Highlights:

1. Light weight, easily concealed in pocket

2. Locks open on last round

3. Integrated laser:

a. Three modes:

i. Depress buttons (ambidextrous) once: laser on

ii. Depress twice: pulsating laser

iii. Depress third time: laser off.

iv. Automatic laser deactivation after five minutes (for accidental laser engagement)

4. Initial buttons that came with gun (April 2011) very difficult to activate the laser.

a. S&W customer support acknowledged the buttons on some models were too “soft.”

b. S&W mailed new firmer buttons to me, that arrived in three days, and were easy to install.

c. The new buttons worked much better/perfectly, and the laser now activates easily

5. Integrated safety

6. DOA

7. Reliable.

8. Feel of gun in hand is perfect for me (better than others in class)

9. Accurate.

10. Looks smooth and “cool.”

Thank you for all of your reviews.

Best regards,

Tracey