View Single Post

Old 04-28-2011, 11:46 PM

Liked 25,742 Times in 8,697 Posts

When I first started totin' about 35 years ago, I wore ankle holsters on a daily basis. I finally had one custom made by Bruce Nelson who has long since passed, but IMHO he made me the finest one that I have ever tried. I used it for about 15 years or so and got so used to it that my 20 ounce M60 felt like it was part of me. I actually got to the point that I was able to run with it!

Then one day I tried the Nemesis Pocket Holster from DeSantis, and that was the last time I used the ankle holster. I actually tried it on a few months ago and could not believe that I actually liked it back then, but if used often enough and if you get a good one, they do become more comfortable as they break in an form to your individual ankle. I always carried it on the inside of my left ankle (I am right handed) and that way it would never show or hit against anything.

Here's the real problem............. They are slow as molasses to draw your weapon from. If it is for a back-up gun, then fine, but unless you have no other means by which to carry, I would not recommend it as your primary CCW holster.

Regards,
Chief38