View Single Post

Old 04-29-2011, 12:30 AM

Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbandit View Post
.......As for alternating loads any other time, well, let's just say I've never heard of anyone I consider knowledgeable doing or recommending such a thing......
I never said I was knowledgeable or experienced in this or any other area. I'm just bringing up an idea, thinking out side of the box and seeing what others think. I can't try it at this point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbandit View Post
.......Different types of ammo almost always shoots to a different point of aim......
I'm wondering if you could develop two loads, one for knock-down power and one for penetration that would shoot as close to the same as possible. It might take some time but if I were to spend some time walking about this sort of woods in that type of parts it would be something I’d try.

The question from the OP was what the best load is and I’m thinking from reading that there might not be a single perfect load for all potential risk. I don’t think it as unanswerable as what is the right caliber for an SD weapon. Perhaps it’s a series of options, shot for snakes, FMJ for penetration, etc. and the challenge is developing loads that shot as close as possible to each other.

Thoughts?

B2