View Single Post

Old 04-30-2011, 01:07 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100$bill View Post
I only measured the length of the rail itself on my FS and compact M&P 9mm's. From the front of the trigger guard on the FS it is 2" and on the compact 1 1/2" from the front of the trigger guard. So I guess these will fit if I read your post right.

Thanks, MM
It will clearly fit your FS, and I'll bet that it will fit the compact. If you want to be sure, you could take the compact into a local gun dealer that sells the Streamlight and try it out. However, don't buy the Streamlight from the local dealer unless he will sell it for under $245.99. Optics Planet sells them for that price with free shipping. Be sure to get the one with the strobe capability (TRL2s), since it also comes with a more powerful LED light. The model with the strobe sells for roughly the same price as the one without the strobe.

By shopping with Optics Planet I was also able to avoid $16 in sales tax.

PS On second thought, it may not work on the compact. There has to be a rail notch at least 1 1/2" from the trigger guard. If the rail ends at that distance, that won't leave room for a notch at the required distance. You would need to verify the compact to fit by trying it out. It seems to me that if your are using the compact for carry purposes, the addition of the Streamlight may add too much bulk for that plan to work well. You can get a Crimson Trace type grip based laser for that purpose.

Last edited by Murraybob; 04-30-2011 at 01:33 PM.