View Single Post

Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 PM

Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKFC05 View Post
There is something you can check before sending it in, if you want.

First, put in an empty magazine and pull the slide back by hand. Did the slide lock back? If yes, it is possible that the problem can be eliminated by disassembling and cleaning the magazines (I use CRC silicone, and wipe dry), and carefully cleaning and lubing the gun per factory manual (not excessively).

Then test the gun with a full-power quality ammo (WWB tends to be a little wimpy). Just put in a couple of rounds at a time for the test.
If it then works, after shooting it a few more times it will probably shoot the WWB OK.
A combination of not clean, brand new, and wimpy ammo can cause short-stroking the slide and failure to lock.
I second the clean the magazines idea. When I first started using my Sigma, I had a number of fail to feeds, times when the slide didn't lock back, even a couple when it locked back and shouldn't have. I had cleaned the gun before using it but not the mags. Then I read something on the forum about taking apart and cleaning the mags, problems solved. Now probably at least 2000 rounds and no worries.