View Single Post

Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 PM
US Veteran

Liked 526 Times in 242 Posts

I don't consider a GP100 a poor man's Smith at all......the two designs couldn't be any more different, all they have in common is the cylinders turn in the same direction.....both have their strengths and weaknesses but I do not consider the Ruger in any way a lesser gun. I know we're on the S&W forum, and we have strong opinions about our "favorites". I try to stay subjective.

If I had the cash I would buy a NIB 586 and a NIB GP100, and run 1,000 rounds of .357 through each one a day and see which one breaks down first......I'll make an educated guess as to which one would last longer, but I think we all know the answer.

As for the sour grapes over Bill Rugers comments about how "no honest man needs more than 10 rounds" or whatever was said, I'm not going to boycott an American gunmaker because of a comment that was made by a now deceased man in 1994. He was a business man and trying to save his product line, and keep the Mini-14 viewed as a "sporting rifle". People tend to get really emotional on this topic, some of the comments I have read on other forums where they "hope Bill Ruger is burning right now" are totally uncalled for.

Last edited by stantheman86; 05-01-2011 at 09:31 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: