View Single Post

Old 05-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Liked 2,996 Times in 885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrowndog View Post
My last experience wasn't the best at Gander, but if I could find something that nice, at that price, I could swallow my pride. Nice find!!!!
That was my first experience with GM and I can't say it was the best experience. Everyone wanted to stand around and refill the ammo displays rather then assist me at the counter.

Absolutely no give on price which to me at least buying a firearm, particularly a "used" firearm is akin to buying a used car. You always haggle at least a little.

Plus the mountain of paperwork, (I've never had to sign or fill out nearly this much with other purchases, new or used) was a pain.

That being said I will be visiting their used gun section on a regular basis to see if any more deals pop up.

They've been here for several years now and I've visited the store at least a dozen, if not two dozen times and this is the first item I've purchased other than a Spyderco Endura and even then, had I not had a gift card and a discount coupon I'd have bought that for less elsewhere.