View Single Post

Old 05-09-2011, 07:59 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Just did some testing last weekend. Made sure I was sighted in at 50 yds. Then shot some steel targets at about 50 and 80 yds. I use a NcStarscope with the P4 reticle. I first shot with my supporting hand holding the quad rail. Then I shot using the mag. As a support. I found that the gun shot lower when supported by the mag. I had to shoot using the 2nd tic mark below the cross hairs to hit the target at 80 yds. and I had to use the 1st tic mark down at the 50 yd. Target.
This is pretty much what I expected. Even with a full one piece stock you must rest the gun supported at the same place on the stock to acheave consistant results. This is especially true, however, when shooting any gun with a two piece stock (ie. The 15-22). Always shoot with the front of the gun supported from the same spot on the stock. It will go a long way to tighten up groups.
By the by, I shot a 3 shot group of 3/4 inch at 50 yds ( 36 gr. WW hp), and a 7/16 inch 5 shot group at 50 yds. Using federal Lightning 40 gr. Rn. Lead.

en