Thread: Sterling Silver
View Single Post

Old 05-10-2011, 07:06 AM

Liked 1,921 Times in 1,043 Posts

You are lucky. I was dumb enough to “invest” in some diamonds. At least you don’t have as much money tied up in yours. Now I have learned to invest in ammo. At least it has a legitimate use besides being shiny. As previously stated, there seems to be only two major ways of investing in precious metals. There is the more business like side where they deal more in bulk and you have to figure melt vs. volume and everything involved in that and then there are the collectors. Collectors will go most often for the numismatic graded coins such as those graded by PCGS. This is as hard to figure value as the other. MS ratings, who graded the coin, rarity of the coin, mint errors, and more can drive the price of collector coins. Now that I have dumped my money into a few of these they strike me more as yet another of the rich man’s games. Neither one is going to get you as much money as you think you should. And really at the end of the day they still feel like (IMHO) they have such a minimal real world value for use that I wish I had never bothered at all with any of it. Sorry to be such a downer.