Thread: S&W 659
View Single Post

Old 05-13-2011, 07:48 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello fellow posters. This is my first post to this site and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts regarding the 659. I bought my first 659 shortly after they first came out and I couldn't have been happier with it. However, as my sons grew older and their teacher told the children in the class that they really needed to have access to a computer outside of the classroom. We were a bit low on funds for the purchase of a computer at the time, so I sold the 659 along with a few other things in order to have a home computer for the boys to keep up with their schoolwork, etc.. Now that the boys are both grown and on their own, I finally found another 659 that was in good shape, and bingo...I have a 659 once again. After having a local gunsmith do a little bit of work on it to take out some minor dings, it looks virtually brand new and I'm back in business. After doing some polishing here and there, and adding some Hogue Kingwood wooden grips, it's looking really sharp! Just as my original 659, my "new" one works great and can put the rounds right where I want them. I live in the Kansas City area, so if by chance, any of you might in this general area, please feel free to say hi and perhaps we can get together and squeeze off some rounds together sometime.

Once again, I just wanted to say hello and thank you all for what you've already posted here, I've really enjoyed your posts.