View Single Post

Old 05-19-2011, 12:47 AM

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

FWIW, I own 3 M&P's and a 1911. Can't beat the 1911 for target shooting, but the M&P isn't far behind. For tactical shooting with time pressure, draws, reloads, multiple shot strings, etc., I much prefer the M&P.

I haven't shot the Beretta, but I tried the DA/SA style with an FNP-40 that I owned for several years. Beautiful gun, but the transition from DA to SA required concentration and practice. I always shot slightly lower qual scores with the FNP than with the M&P.

I've also owned a Glock and a Kahr and have shot quals with all of my pistols. My best scores and quickest times always came with my M&P's. I can shoot the gun quickly and accurately with minimal effort. Inside of 15 yards I can shoot off the front sight without even worrying about the rear sight alignment because the gun points so naturally. Inside of 7 yards I don't need the sights, the gun shoots where I'm looking.

Long winded way of saying that I finally realized that if I ever need to use a pistol to defend myself or my family, I want an M&P in my hand.