View Single Post

Old 05-19-2011, 09:11 AM

Liked 110 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingangman View Post
I returned my Dad's .380 BG because he was unable to pull the trigger enough to fire the gun. It was sent back with a note that said the pistol was within specifications. It may be within specs, but Dad has no problem firing my Taurus 709 slim. I fired 47 rounds of Federal ammunition through the BG today. I noticed the heavy trigger pull caused me to pull the barrel down and shoot low. This I can correct. The ejection of spent cases is a more serious problem. Although the ejection was positive, the cases went everywhere! Some hit my hearing protection,some my forehead, and one hit the right lens of my glasses. This condition is disconcerting to say the least and could have seriously injured anyone without the proper eye protection. I will clean the gun, shoot it again and see if the problem persists.
At least you did not experience FTF or FTE problems as I did on Tuesday 5/17/11, after shooting my 380 Bodyguard after it was returned from the factory for the THIRD time for the same FTF problems! 2 out of 28 rounds of Remington or CCI ammo FTF, and 1 round stove piped. Both FTF rounds fired on the second strike. I included a letter when I sent the gun back the third time, that indicated that I either wanted a refund for what I paid for this gun, or a replacement gun that was reliable. Instead I get the same gun back, with the same problems! I don't know how to get thru to these folks! In addtion, my gun, like yours, throws brass all over the place when it DOES fire! In the meantime, I continue to concealed carry my Ruger LCP, which fires and ejects every time with every brand on ammo, and throws all of the brass in a smallish area where they can ALL be found. Any suggestions?