Thread: J-Frame 60
View Single Post

Old 05-24-2011, 12:11 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,613 Times in 1,498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman View Post
OK, guys, I've cleaned and disassembled this 60-4 again to see if there has been any aftermarket smithing done. I examined the hammer and sear minutely with a loupe I use to look at phono needles. The step on the hammer is short and square with no file or stone marks. The sear has a slick surface like it was stoned just enough to square it up without taking any off the edge. The edge itself looks like it has never been touched. There are two tiny wear marks from today's shooting, I suppose. So I conclude that the gun is still in factory new condition.

I compared the SA trigger on this gun with those on my other guns, all of which are striker-fired autos. Each was a little different but all were harder to pull than this revolver.

Think what you may, my friends, but until something bad happens, I'm just going to enjoy it.

Now let me see if I can upload two pics of the innards.
It appears that the sear notch of the hammer is catching on the double action sear of the trigger. Its really not supposed to do that, but shouldn't cause a problem other than an occasional ftf. Just be sure to pull that hammer all the way back when shooting single action and enjoy the seemingly light trigger pull. Have a gunsmith check it for you just to see what it is. It may be more than you think and just a nice smooth release. Enjoy your new toy, they're great little guns!