View Single Post

Old 05-29-2011, 04:59 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Best .38 Special and .38 Special +P for my brand new S&W M&P 340CT .357 Mag. Revolver

I bought the 340CT for concealed carry and wanted a revolver for reliability. My plan is to start practice with .38 Special then move up to .38 Special +P. Because of the light weight and relatively small Crimson Trace Laser Grip it comes with, I don't currently plan to shoot .357 Magnum. It was all the other features which compelled me to get this particular handgun. Inasmuch as I have had a Ruger LCP .380 semi-auto for awhile, I am somewhat familiar with the substantial recoil of small "carry" pistols. I don't plan to use the 340CT for fun shooting, I have another handgun for that. QUESTION: I would really appreciate current information about reliable .38 Special and .38 Special +P ammo for my 340CT. I have a box of Hornady Critical Defense 110 Gr. FTX JHP .38 Special (1010 fps) and a box of Hornady Critical Defense 110 Gr. FTX JHP .38 Special +P (1090 fps) but haven't fired a round in the gun yet. I have to wonder if the 110 Gr. bullet coupled with the relatively high velocity would produce too high a recoil for effective follow-up shots. Anyone know about similar Cor-Bon ammo for the 340CT? I'll be grateful for any and all help on this.

Last edited by AFSteve; 05-29-2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling error (typo)