View Single Post

Old 05-31-2011, 03:23 PM

Liked 3,122 Times in 776 Posts

Have both finger groove and non. For me, the nons are the best "feeling" grips I have EVER placed on a revolver. And oddly enough, the finger groove variety are the only fingergrooves that fit my hands properly. But I still like the grooveless ones better and will be replacing those pictured below on the 627PC with a non grooved set shortly. Sorry about the pic quality, I'm still "a lernin" how to do gun pics and have a crummy camera to boot.

Below are the "nons" on a 686-5 Plus 7 shooter. This gun feels GREAT in the hand, as opposed to merely awesome on the 627

One additional thought here, regarding finish. The set on the 686 were purchased through Gun Broker and have the Tung Oil finish as opposed to the poly finish on the 627's grips. There is a BIG difference imo on how they look and how they feel. The 686's are very dark with a subtle brown grain, was sold to me as moradillo but could be ebony for all I know. Looks like it and the tung oil seems to be a much grippier (if that's a word) surface than the poly finish. When I replace on the 627 I'm going with the tung.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by .357magger; 05-31-2011 at 03:26 PM.