View Single Post

Old 06-01-2011, 03:10 PM

Liked 348 Times in 203 Posts

I have two of the 2-inch fixed sight versions. I purchased a used NL for the wife and we both loved it so much....that I bought me one too, but had to settle for an IL. I can live with that. She would not mind having one she can lock around the grand-kids anyway.

I have many other guns in much larger calibers, but for being out-n-about, this little "weightless" piece cannot be beat. Stick it in your pocket and you never know it's there.....10.5 ounces and a bit more for the kit-gun in 3 inches.

Wolff does sell a spring kit for it and it will reduce the TP to a point that the wife can fire it off-hand with one finger. I did quite a bit of research on the aluminum cylinder thing and from what I have gathered, you will likely never wear it out and if you are the original purchaser...it's warrantied for life anyway. The barrel has a stainless steel liner and the working-guts are stock Smith steel components.

Notwithstanding the ever-running argument against a 22 as a SD weapon...if it's all someone can shoot, then nobody should harass them about it. I rather like to just poke the thing in my pocket and forget it as opposed to strapping on my tactical vest, shoulder holster, or suspenders to hold the big ones up....along with my pants.

I LOVE the things for the purpose intended. The only beef I have with the thing is....it's one of the most expensive guns in the S&W lineup.

Folks....lets not start another debate over the pros-n-cons concerning the SD or lack thereof. MG is asking about the gun itself....not the caliber. He knows what it is.