View Single Post

Old 06-02-2011, 11:02 AM

Liked 6,619 Times in 1,535 Posts

I hope you enjoy your first trip, let us know how it went. Make sure you know and understand all the rules and if there is a range safety officer present you might want to tell him it your first outing and you would appreciate any advice or help he may be able to offer. I work as a range safety officer and always try to pay special attention to new shooters, most of them are greatful for the assistance and willing and eager to be safe shooters. I think it is very important for shooters to develop good safety habits from the begining of their shooting experience than to try to correct them later. The biggest problem we run into are the older experienced shooters with bad habits who won't listen to the rules or stand for any correction. They don't last long at the range. A shooting range can be a bit intimidating the first time so don't hesitate to seek help if you need it. Most range officers and other shooters are more than willing to help a newcomer learn to enjoy the sport. Have fun!
John. SWCA #1586

Last edited by hsguy; 06-02-2011 at 11:04 AM.